Pega Robotic Automation Importer component
The introduction of the Robot Connector (Rule-Connect-Robot) rule type in Pega Platform marks the arrival of robotic automations as a first-class citizen in the Pega development model.Add this component to your application to automatically translate automation package definitions published from Pega Robot Studio into an organized, versioned inventory of robot connector instances for use in your application.
Download the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component from Pega Marketplace, see the Pega Robotic Automation Importer page
After an automation package is deployed from Pega Robot Studio, the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component automatically performs the following tasks:
- Generates all related data and rule artifacts, and then describes the package and automations that the package contains.
- Bundles all data and rule artifacts into a Pega Platform component.
- Attaches the newly created Pega Platform component to your development stack.
- Builds and relays the archive to the Pega Robot Manager, if necessary. The component is migrated to a repository from the Pega development server. Pega Robot Manager pulls the component from the repository.
- Pega Robotic Automation Importer versions 8.2.2 and later add the capability to migrate robotic automation packages between environments.
- About Pega Robotic Automation Importer component
Use the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component to automatically generate a versioned inventory of Robot Connector rules for use in your application.
- Upgrading the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component
- Installing the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component
Perform these tasks to install the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component:
- Adding the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component to applications
When you install and configure the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component, and then configure a data page with Robotic Desktop Automation as the source, you are prompted with a list of the automations that are available in your application.
- Verifying automation repository configuration
When upgrading, after you install a new version of Pega Robotic Automation Importer, verify the automation repository settings.
- Configuring access to an automation repository
Configure access to an automation repository that you can share between your Pega Platform environment and the Pega Robot Manager environment. Use this automation repository to store the automation package archives that are generated in your development environment.
- Configuring the Pega Robot Manager host server and authentication profile
Configure the location of the Pega Robot Manager host server and the authentication profile to use when connected from your Pega Platform server.
- Configuring Pega Robot Studio for the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component
Before you publish an automation package to your Pega Platform development environment, configure Pega Robot Studio.
- Testing configurations for the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component
To verify that your settings for the Pega Robotic Automation Importer component are correct, test your end-to-end configuration.
- Robotic automation package deployment and migration between environments
Pega Robotic Automation Importer provides the capability to migrate packages across environments.
- Migrating robotic automation packages between environments
Easily migrate robotic automation packages between environment by using the Import Wizard and the activities provided with Pega Robotic Automation Importer and with Pega Robot Manager.
- Pega Robot Manager
Pega Robot Manager™ extends the functionality of robotic process automation (RPA), which allows you to batch process a large volume of work assignments by using unattended robots with your Pega Platform application.