Publishing automation package components to a repository in the target environment
An automation package component published in Pega Robotic Automation Importer is automatically relayed to the depository in the original environment. The package component versions are also kept synchronized.You only need to publish the package component manually under the following circumstances:
- When migrating the package to a new environment that uses another repository
- When updating the package after migration
- The automation package to publish to the target environment repository must be part of the Pega Robotic Automation Importer application stack. See Importing automation package components to Automation Importer.
- Ensure that you have the privileges required to run the pxPublishRAPToRepository activity.
- Copy the automation package component ID from the repository in the source environment.
- If you want to export only a specific version of the automation package component, copy the version number from the source environment repository.
Log in to the Pega Robotic Automation Importer production instance that contains the imported automation package.
In the Dev Studio header, search for and open the pxPublishRAPToRepository activity.
In the AutomationPackageId field, enter the unique for identifier of the package component.The AutomationPackageId property must match the package component ID on the repository.
Perform one of the following actions:
- To export a single version of the package component, in the AutomationPackageVersion field, enter the version number, for example 2.0.
- To export a package component with all historical versions, leave the AutomationPackageVersion field blank.
- Importing robotic automation package components to Pega Robotic Automation Importer
After saving a robotic automation package component from the source environment, import it to the target environment's Pega Robotic Automation Importer by using the Import Wizard. Then, add the imported package component to the application stack.
- Importing automation package components from your repository to Pega Robot Manager
During migration, you first import an automation package component to Pega Robotic Automation Importer and then you publish it to your repository in the target environment. Finally, you import the package component to the target environment's Pega Robot Manager.