Setting up Pega Platform to use reports in Pega Robot Manager
Reporting in Pega Robot Manager uses Elasticsearch for faster processing of reports. To further improve the process, you can set a dedicated search node for quicker indexing of records from Pega database to the Elasticsearch data store.
Pega Robot Runtime 19.1.64 or later is required for reporting.
Log in to Dev Studio as administrator.
Verify that at least one of the active nodes has a node type which contains Search or is set to Universal.For more information about nodes, see Assigning node types to nodes for on-premises environments.
In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, clickand confirm the values of the following Data Admin System settings:
- indexing/useDataInstances row (owning ruleset: Pega-SearchEngine) – true.
- reporting/searchdata/enabled (owning ruleset: Pega-Reporting) – true.
- pegarobotics/defaultTimezoneForRMReporting (owning ruleset:
GMT.The defaultTimezoneForRMReporting setting provides the preferred timezone for the Collection Interval column of daily, monthly, and yearly usage reports. Hourly reports use the time zone defined on the requestor's Operator ID record.
Do not modify this setting to avoid discrepancies between the hourly reports and the daily, monthly, or yearly reports.
In the navigation panel of Dev Studio, click, and confirm the values of the following queue processors:
- pyBatchIndexClassesProcessor – the Enable Queue Processor switch is turned on.
- pyBatchIndexProcessor – the Enable Queue Processor switch is turned on.
In the Instances of Queue Processors list, select the pyProcessOperationalStatistics queue processor and perform the following actions:
Confirm that the following message is displayed at the top of the screen: All queue processors are rule resolved against the context specified in the System Runtime Context. Otherwise, perform the following steps:
- Click System Runtime Cotext.
- In the Applications section, click Add application.
- In the Name field, enter PegaRobotManager.
- In the Version field, enter 8.
- Click Save.
- Wait for the system to refresh.
Configure the Associated with node type and Number of threads per node fields according to the expected load.
At the top of the screen, on the toolbar, click.
Under the Status column, ensure that the status of all dedicated indexes for Usage statistics is AVAILABLE.
- Creating, editing, and viewing reports in Pega Robot Manager
The reporting feature in Pega Robot Manager extends the capabilities offered by Pega Platform, so that you can create, edit, and view reports from applications that include Pega Robot Manager in their application stack. These reports can cover health, exceptions, or usage data collected from Pega Robot Runtime.
- Enabling the collection of Pega Robot Runtime data for reporting
Collect the health and usage statistics for Pega Robot Runtime to create meaningful reports that help you understand the performance of your robotic workforce.
- User roles
Users with different roles can use Pega Robot Manager.