Automating Microsoft Office applications
Pega Robot Studio includes a set of connectors that leverage the Microsoft Office .NET interfaces for Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel. These connectors target the most common use cases for these applications.
- MicrosoftExcel – Allows you to work with Microsoft Excel.
- Excel File – Allows you to create, modify, and read from Excel workbooks without having the Excel application opened or installed in the environment. Available in 8.0 SP1 2007 and later.
- MicrosoftOutlook – Allows you to work with Microsoft Outlook.
- MicrosoftOutlook Appointment – Focuses on the Calendar function of Outlook.
- MicrosoftOutlookMail – Focuses on the Mail function of Outlook.
- MicrosoftOutlook Contact – Focuses on the Contact function of Outlook.
- MicrosoftOutlook Task – Focuses on the Task function of Outlook.
- MicrosoftPowerPoint – Allows you to integrate Microsoft PowerPoint 2019 presentations into your solution. You can create, modify, and run a presentation. Available in 19.1.38 and later.
- MicrosoftWord – Allows you to interface with Microsoft Word.
For use cases that fall outside of these components, you can still leverage Microsoft Office in Robotic Automation solutions by using the Microsoft Office .NET interfaces in a script or component.
For more information, see Using the Microsoft Office connectors.