Importing user information into Pega Robotic Automation Deployment Portal
To quickly add or update user information, you can import user information from a comma-separated value (CSV) file and add that information to your organizational hierarchy.
Always use your system of record, whether it is a Human Resources system, a payroll application, or some other application, as the source for user information. This ensures that you have the most up-to-date information in the Deployment Portal.
You can set up your department hierarchy manually then import user information into that hierarchy, or you can import the user information then arrange the departments to reflect your organization’s structure. If you choose to import first, the system places all of the departments in the import file one level below the root department. You can then drag and drop the departments as needed.
Setting up the import file
The CSV file should be in the following format:
Employee ID,First Name,Last Name,Email,UPN,Department Code,Active,Role
Here are some important things to remember:
- The import is keyed on the Employee ID field.
- The entries for the UPN and Employee ID fields must be unique within the tenant.
- Each record must include a UPN, email address, or both.
- If matched, the information in the import file overwrites existing user information.
The following table lists notes on specific fields:
Processing the import file
After you have created the import file, import the user information:
- Click the Organization option, then click the Members tab.
- Click the button. The displays.
- In the Import Users window, click locate and select the file.
- Click .
The users that are listed in the file are imported into the system. The system tells you how many users were added or updated.