Moving, renaming, or deleting project items with the New Project Wizard
Within the New Project Wizard, you can move project items to a different folder, rename project items, and delete project items.
Moving project items
You can move a project item to a folder within the same project.
- On the Solution tree, select and hold the project item that you want to move.
- Drag the project item to the target folder.
You can move a folder within another folder. You cannot move an item to a different project.
Renaming project items
You can rename a project or a project item in the Solution tree on the left of the New Project Wizard.
- Right-click the project or project item that you want to rename.
- Select the Rename option from the menu.
- In the text field, enter the new name and then press Enter.
Deleting project items
In the Solution tree, you can delete a project item. You cannot delete a project or solution this way.
- In the Solution tree, right-click the project item you want to delete.
- Select the Delete option from the menu.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK.
For more information, see Using the New Project Wizard.