Editing work object templates in App Studio
Use the work object templates in App Studio to edit the user interface sections of your application and make them more useful and better suited to your business needs. A work object template is an editable view of a work object that allows you to edit, reorder, add, or delete fields. You can create templates for, for example, organizations, accounts, contacts, leads, and appointments.
Log in to Pega Sales Automation as an administrator.
In the header of App Studio, click Preview to preview the User portal.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Create and select the work object that you want to modify.
Switch to design mode by clicking the Toggle design mode icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
To make edits, click the pencil icon that is displayed in the tab label when you hover over a form or section.The editing pane is displayed on the right.
In the editing pane, perform any of the following actions:The system automatically saves your changes, which cannot be automatically reverted.
- To change the current template, click Change. To change the template, you must have an unlocked ruleset.
- To apply visibility conditions, hover over a field and click the pencil icon that is displayed next to the field.
- To add sections, click Add.
- To rearrange fields, drag and drop the fields to a new location.
- To rename a field label, hover over a field, click the pencil icon, and then change the name.
To end design mode, click Close.