Preparing the data
Columns in the comma-separated values (CSV) files that you use to import data to the Pega Sales Automation data model are mapped to fields by using templates. Pega Sales Automation includes default templates as well as specific templates for Salesforce and Siebel data.
Before starting a data import, review the following best practices:
- Analyze the type of data that you have and how it relates to the fields that Pega Sales Automation entities use.
- Use the Pega Sales Automation sample data templates as examples when creating your CSV files, to ensure that the CSV file you want to import contains all of the fields and values that Pega Sales Automation requires. If you find that the default templates do not fulfill your requirements, you can extend them. For more information, see Data import scenarios.
- Ensure that the data types are correct and that date formats are the same across all
the CSV files. The data import wizard supports the following ISO 8601 date and time formats:
- Check the relationships between the records, to ensure proper associations between the entities. You can use Vlookup in your Excel files to match parent record IDs with child records in your export CSV files. For example, check whether contacts link to the Accounts that they relate to.
- The operator IDs in the CSV file must be exactly the same as the created operator IDs. Otherwise, the imported work objects associated with the operator ID, for example, organizations, accounts, leads, contacts, and opportunities will not appear in the application list views.