Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action technical implementation
Pega Sales Automation uses Pega's Customer Decision Hub and Decision Management capabilities to identify the next-best-action for every opportunity in the application.
To use next-best-action strategies with Pega Sales Automation, the following decisioning tools and services are required:
- Decision Strategy Manager (DSM) and Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) must be installed on the server.
- The following services must be running with a status of normal:
- Decision Data Store
- Adaptive Decision Manager
- Data Flow
- Visual Business Director
Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action uses the SA-Artifacts ruleset.
A new SA-SR class (Sales Automation – Strategy Results) provides the foundation for the entire Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action structure. This class has direct pattern inheritance from Data-pxStrategyResults.
Business issue, business group, and propositions
A new SANBAIssue business issue contains related business groups and propositions for Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action.
You can view details for the SANBAIssue business issue in Designer Studio.
- In Dev Studio, click Configure .
- In the Business issues & groups section, click to expand the SANBAIssue business issue.
The NBAForSalesRepOpp page list property holds the results of decision strategies and populates the repeating grid of the NBASalesRepOpp section of an opportunity. This page list is populated by the NBASalesRepOpp activity.
You can view details for this property by searching for and selecting the NBAForSalesRepOpp page list property in the Designer Studio search text header field.
Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action uses the following activities:
- NBASalesRepOpp – This activity uses the opportunity ID as an input parameter and populates the next-best-actions in the NBAForSalesRepOpp property. The activity opens an opportunity in the GivenSAOpp page, which acts as the parent for the entire next-best-action data model for the activity. The activity then populates the accounts, leads, contacts, households, competitors, and contacts related to the organization to create a tree structure of pages.
- CaptureTopActions – This activity is invoked to store the next-best-action interaction response in the interaction history.
- GetNextBestAction – This activity populates the D_opportunitiesNextBestAction data page, which populates the Next-Best-Actions widget on the sales representative's dashboard. This activity runs the DisplaysAListOfOpportunitiesForNBA report definition, and for each opportunity, it calls the NBASalesRepOpp activity to get the top actions for that opportunity. The activity stops when it reaches ten actions.
You can view details for each of these activities by searching for and selecting the activity name in the Designer Studio search text header field.
The NBASalesRepOpp activity uses various report definitions to populate the GivenSAOpp page.
- ContactsRelatedToOrganizaton – The activity uses this report definition to get the contacts that are related to the organization.
- LastActivityByOrg – The activity uses this report definition to get the last activity that was performed by the organization.
- ActiveHouseholdMembersForAllHouseHoldsLinkedWithContact – The activity uses this report definition to populate the list of active contacts for the primary contact's households for the current opportunity.
- DisplaysAListOfOpportunitiesForNBA – The activity uses the report definition to get the list of opportunities that were closed in the current quarter and those that were closed more than a year ago, sorted by opportunity amount.
You can view details for each of these report definitions by searching for and selecting the report definition name in the Dev Studio search text header field.
The NBASalesRepOpp activity uses two data flows:
- BuildOpportunitySpine – The activity uses this data flow to get a list of contacts, products, and competitors for the opportunity.
- NBASalesRepOpp – This data flow runs the parent NextBestActionsForSalesRep decision strategy.
You can view details for each of these data flows by searching for and selecting the data flow name in the Dev Studio search text header field.
Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action uses the following strategies:
- NextBestActionsForSalesRep – This strategy is the parent strategy. It uses the GivenSAOpp page and has multiple sub strategies. In this strategy, the results from sub strategies are grouped and ranked in priority order in the Top 3 Actions component. This component provides the top three actions and the top action to the Results component. The top three actions are displayed in the opportunity and the top action is displayed in the Next-Best-Actions widget on the sales representative's dashboard.
- Sub Strategies – For all of the sub strategies within the main strategy (NextBestActionsForSalesRep), the strategy evaluates a specific condition and generates an action. The sub strategies evaluate the appropriate pagelist in the data structure, generate actions, and filter out actions that have been completed and stored in decision history (.pyOutcome !=”Clicked”) by the CaptureTopAction activity. The Proposition Filter filters out unwanted and unqualified actions by using When rules. The Set Property component populates the other properties for Pega Sales Automation Next-Best-Action:
The Dashboard_NextBestActions widget is populated by the D_OpportunitiesNextBestAction data page.
The D_OpportunitiesNextBestAction populates the Next-Best-Actions dashboard widget by calling the GetNextBestAction activity.
Published January 19, 2017 — Updated October 5, 2018