Configuring queue processors in Pega Sales Automation 8.3
In Pega Sales Automation 8.3, all agents are changed into queue processors to give you more flexibility, stability, and scalability for background processes. Because of this change, all agents are disabled and deprecated. All queue processors are active by default, but you must include background processing for the SalesAutomation and PegaCRMBase rules. You can also further customize queue processes and configure the System Runtime Context.
Including background processing
For the introduced queue processors to work, you must include background processing for the SalesAutomation and PegaCRMBase rules. If there is an implementation layer build on Sales Automation, you must perform the steps below for the appropriate application rule as well.
- Log in to Pega Sales Automation as an administrator.
- In the Dev Studio header, click Sales Automation > Definition.
- On the Include in background processing check box is selected next to the SalesAutomation rule. If not, select the check box. tab, in the section, click and verify whether the
- Click .
- On the Include in background processing check box is selected next to the PegaCRMBase application rule. If not, select the check box. tab, in the section, verify whether the
- Optional: Ensure that the Include in background processing check box is selected for any application rules of other applications built on Sales Automation.
- Click .
Optional: Customizing queue processors
- Open a queue processor, for example, GenerateAccessForOperatorProcessor.
- Specify the associated node, number of threads per node, and processing conditions.
- Click .
Optional: Configuring the System Runtime Context
The System Runtime Context is configured automatically, based on the application stack. However, if you want to, for example, add another application or add roles, perform the following steps:
- In the Dev Studio header, click Configure > System > General > System Runtime Context.
- Optional: To add another application, click .
- Optional: To add roles, click .