Pega Sales Automation next-best-action architecture (8.2)
Pega Sales Automation™ uses Pega's Customer Decision Hub and Decision Management capabilities to identify the next best action for every opportunity in the application. To fully understand the architecture of the Pega's Next Best Action capability, review the following sections:
- Ruleset and class
- Business issue, business group, and propositions
- Report definitions
- Data flows
- Strategies and substrategies
- Dashboard widget
- Data page
Pega Sales Automation Next Best Action uses the SA-Artifacts ruleset. The SA-SR class (Sales Automation – Strategy Results) is the foundation for the entire Pega Sales Automation Next Best Action structure. This class has direct pattern inheritance from Data-pxStrategyResults.
The SANBAIssue business issue contains related business groups and propositions for Pega Sales Automation Next Best Action.
The NBAForSalesRepOpp page list property includes the results of decision strategies and populates the repeating grid of the NBASalesRepOpp section of an opportunity. This page list is populated by the NBASalesRepOpp activity.
Pega Sales Automation Next Best Action uses the following activities:
- NBASalesRepOpp – This activity uses the opportunity ID as an input parameter and populates the next best actions in the NBAForSalesRepOpp property. The activity opens an opportunity in the GivenSAOpp page, which acts as the parent for the entire next-best-action data model for the activity. The activity then populates the accounts, leads, contacts, households, competitors, and contacts related to the organization to create a tree structure of pages.
- CaptureTopActions – This activity stores the next-best-action interaction response in the interaction history.
- GetNextBestAction – This activity populates the D_opportunitiesNextBestAction data page, which populates the Next best actions widget on the sales representative's dashboard. The activity runs the DisplaysAListOfOpportunitiesForNBA report definition, and for each opportunity, it calls the NBASalesRepOpp activity to get the top actions for that opportunity. The activity stops when it reaches ten actions.
The NBASalesRepOpp activity uses the following report definitions to populate the GivenSAOpp page:
- ContactsRelatedToOrganizaton – This activity shows contacts related to an organization.
- LastActivityByOrg – This activity shows the last activity that was performed by an organization.
- ActiveHouseholdMembersForAllHouseHoldsLinkedWithContact – This activity shows a list of active contacts for the primary contact's households for the current opportunity.
- DisplaysAListOfOpportunitiesForNBA – This activity shows a list of opportunities that were closed in the current quarter and those that were closed more than a year ago, sorted by opportunity amount.
The NBASalesRepOpp activity uses two data flows:
- BuildOpportunitySpine – This data flow shows a list of contacts, products, and competitors for an opportunity.
- NBASalesRepOpp – This data flow runs the parent NextBestActionsForSalesRep decision strategy.
Pega Sales Automation Next Best Action uses the following strategies:
- NextBestActionsForSalesRep – This strategy is the parent strategy. It uses the GivenSAOpp page and has multiple substrategies. In this strategy, the results from substrategies are grouped and ranked in priority order in the Top 3 Actions component. This component provides the top three actions and the top action to the Results component. The top three actions are displayed in the opportunity, and the top action is displayed in the Next best actions widget on the sales representative's dashboard.
- Substrategies – The NextBestActionsForSalesRep strategy evaluates a specific condition and generates an action for all the substrategies within the parent strategy. Substrategies evaluate the appropriate pagelist in the data structure, generate actions, and filter out actions that have been completed and stored in decision history (.pyOutcome !=”Clicked”) by the CaptureTopAction activity. The Proposition Filter filters out unwanted and unqualified actions by using When rules. The Set Property component populates the other properties for Pega Sales Automation Next Best Action:
The Dashboard_NextBestActions widget is populated by the D_OpportunitiesNextBestAction data page.
The D_OpportunitiesNextBestAction populates the Next best actions dashboard widget by calling the GetNextBestAction activity.