Preparing the data
The columns in the comma-separated values (CSV) files are mapped to fields in the Pega Sales Automation™ data model by using templates. There are default Pega Sales Automation templates and there are templates for Salesforce and Siebel data.
Before starting the import, review the following best practices:
- Analyze the type of data that you have and how it relates to the Pega Sales Automation entities and their fields.
- Use the Pega Sales Automation sample data templates as examples when creating your CSV files to ensure that the CSV file you want to import contains the fields and values that are allowed by Pega Sales Automation and that all required fields are provided. If you find that the default templates do not fulfill your requirements, you can extend them. For more information, see Data import scenarios.
- Make sure that the data types are correct and that date formats are unified across all the CSV files. The Data Import wizard supports the following ISO 8601 date and time formats:
- Make sure the relationships between the records are maintained to ensure proper associations between the entities. You can use VLOOKUP in your Excel files to match parent record IDs with child records in your export CSV files. For example, check if contacts are linked to the Accounts that they are related to.
- The operator ID in the CSV file must be exactly the same as the created operator ID. Otherwise, the imported work objects associated with the operator ID, for example, organizations, accounts, leads, contacts, or opportunities will not appear in the application list views.
Next: Importing the data.