Creating a claim unit without a repair order
In the Warranty application, a dealer can create a Warranty claim without initially creating an online repair order in the system by instead entering a repair order number that is provided by an external system.
Warranty claim assessment has the following options:
- For auto-adjudication assessment Warranty claims, the Pega Warranty application automatically pays an appropriate claim amount.
- For manual assessment Warranty claims, the Pega Warranty application automatically sends the claim to the appropriate assessor to analyze it and make an appropriate decision (approve or reject). For additional details, see Assessing a claim manually.
Creating a claim unit
- Log in as a dealer. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click New claim.
- Enter the Serial number and Repair order opened date.
- Optional: In the automotive layer, enter the vehicle identification number (VIN), current odometer reading, engine hours and repair order opened date.
- Click Continue.
- Review the list of active warranties linked with the part and product, all of the provided previous interactions, and then click .
- Click the provided warranty name to open a PDF file and analyze the detailed information about a Warranty contract. For information about how to upload a Warranty contract, see Uploading a Warranty contract.
- Select the Claim type and Customer narrative, and then click . The system validates required fields to identify the responding coverage, and if appropriate, automatically reports if coverage of the claim is not valid. The system also identifies active and responding coverages on the claim entry screen itself after entering the product serial number or VIN.
- Enter the repair order number and check-in date, and then click .
- Add the repair lines and enter any necessary details in each repair line. Note that you can add multiple repair lines to one repair order case.
- Click .
- Review the provided data and click .
The system adds up all cost information for the claim and calculates the claim value based on the applicable warranty. The system applies business rules on the claim unit and determines the initial claim disposition.
The Warranty application can auto-adjudicate the claim and make the following determinations:
- Pay the claim as-is (the status is automatically updated to Paid)
- Pay the claim pending specific, required changes
- Deny the claim
- Return the claim to a dealer for more information
- Route the claim unit to an assessor for a manual assessment
For more information about managing a claim, see Managing a warranty claim.
- Log in as an assessor. For more information on login credentials, see Operators list and description.
- Click My worklist and select the appropriate claim to assess.
- Review the provided data and either:
- Approve the full claim amount, and then click to update the claim status.
- Adjust and approve the claim amount, and then click to update the status to Paid-Adjusted.
. You can optionally do any of the following tasks:
- Refresh – refresh the claim data.
- Manually request a part return – raise a part return request while assessing the Warranty claim and subsequently return it to the dealer.
- Return to dealer – reassign a claim back to the dealer.
- Request additional information – request additional information from the dealer without reassigning the claim.
- Transfer assignment – transfer the assignment to another work party for assessment.
- Attach a note – attach notes specific to the Warranty claim.
- Create a prior approval request – create a Prior approval case.