Creating a Workforce Intelligence master hierarchy file
The Pega Workforce Intelligence™ support team imports the initial associate and user information that Workforce Intelligence uses in the reports that it displays. This information defines your organization’s hierarchy and allows you to drill down through your organization to see information at the lowest level.
Before you begin
- Gather the appropriate information from your system of record, such as a payroll system, and enter it in a spreadsheet (.xlsx) file. Use the attached template to gather hierarchy information about your organization.
- Plan your teams so that you have a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 25 people on each team, with 15 being the optimal number. This helps to keep the charts more readable when Workforce Intelligence presents the information.
Creating a master hierarchy file
Perform the following steps:
- Download the master hierarchy example file: Workforce Intelligence Master Hierarchy File Example.zip
- Unzip the example file and open it in a spreadsheet application, such as Microsoft® Excel.
- To rename the hierarchy example file to reflect your organization, click
<your company name> Master Hierarchy File.xlsx
. The following is an example filename:
- On the first page, change the example organizational chart to show only the parts of your organization that use Workforce Intelligence.
- On the second page, list in ascending order all departments and employees who will have Robot Runtime installed for use with Workforce Intelligence.
- Save your master hierarchy file.
- Send the master hierarchy file to Workforce Intelligence support. For information on how to create a support request and send a copy of the master hierarchy file, see Updating Workforce Intelligence hierarchy information.