How Pega Robot Runtime and Pega Workforce Intelligence work together
The following summary describes how Pega Robot Runtime works with Pega Workforce Intelligence after everything is configured and enabled.
- Pega Robot Runtime starts. Typically, it is set up to start when Windows starts.
- Pega Robot Runtime connects to Pega Workforce Intelligence and determines if the expected work hours have been received for the day.
If this information has not been received, in the Enter the Expected Work Hours window, the associate is prompted to enter the hours that they expect to work.
- Pega Robot Runtime collects information based on the associate’s activities and sends this information to the Pega Workforce Intelligence server.
- After an idle period that exceeds the amount of time specified in the secondsForIdle key, Pega Robot Runtime connects to Pega Workforce Intelligence and retrieves the Off Computer Time Reason codes.
- Pega Robot Runtime presents these reason codes to the associate on the Select Reason for Inactivity window.
- If the associate canceled the Enter the Expected Work Hours window when prompted at the beginning of their shift, or if Pega Robot Runtime was never shut down from the previous shift, the associate is again shown the Enter Expected Hours window and is prompted to enter that information.
- If the associate clicks on the Select Reason for Inactivity window, the time is marked as idle.
- Pega Workforce Intelligence analyzes and then presents the information that is captured by Pega Robot Runtime to the Pega Workforce Intelligence user.