Starting Runtime on a Cisco VPN agent
In a Workforce Intelligence implementation, if you have users who log in by using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), you can use Microsoft Task Scheduler to define when a Cisco AnyConnect VPN agent starts Pega Robot Runtime.
The following steps describe how to use the Microsoft Task Scheduler wizard to automatically start Pega Robot Runtime.
- From the Windows Search. menu, right-click and select
- In the Search field, type Task Scheduler, and then click the Task Scheduler icon.
- Click .
- Right-click the Task Scheduler Library, and then click Create Basic Task.
- In the Create Basic Task Wizard, in the Name field, enter a name for the task, and then click .
- Optional: In the Description field, enter a description of the task, and then click .
- On the Task Trigger panel, choose When a specific event is logged and click .
- In the When a Specific Event is Logged pane, complete the following fields:
- In the Log field, select Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- In the Source field, select acvpnagent
- In the Event ID field, type 2039
Click. When the Cisco AnyConnect VPN agent establishes a successful connection, the system triggers event 2039.
- On the Action panel, select Start a Program and click .
- In the Program/Script field, enter the path to the OpenSpan.Runtime.exe file.
- For a 64-bit environment, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Runtime Enterprise\OpenSpan.Runtime.exe
- For a 32-bit environment, the default location is C:\Program Files\OpenSpan\OpenSpan Runtime Enterprise\OpenSpan.Runtime.exe
- Click .
- Verify that the information is correct, and then click .
The Cisco AnyConnect VPN agent is now set up to start Pega Robot Runtime.
In case of a connection failure
If you start Runtime and then lose the VPN connection, the system automatically reconnects. After the system reconnects, the Cisco AnyConnect VPN agent runs this task again and attempts to start Runtime. The following error message displays:
Runtime is already running
To ignore this error, click.