PEGA0044 alert: Reached threshold limit for message ID
Pega Platform generates the PEGA0044 alert when the numbers of occurrences of other alerts exceed the defined thresholds. The alert notifies users that the system suppresses additional alerts with the specified message ID until the time limit specified in dynamic system settings expires. For example, if you configure the PEGA0044 alert with a threshold of 500 instances in ten minutes, and your system generates 500 PEGA0037 alerts in the first 5 minutes, then the system generates no additional PEGA0037 alerts during the next 5 minutes.
Example message text
Reached threshold limit for message ID: PEGA0037, will send again after Fri Aug 24 11:03:55 EST 2019
The following dynamic system settings control this alert:
|Dynamic system setting||Default value||Description|
|Indicates the number of alerts allowed during the time period defined in the row below.|
|prconfig/alerts/general/maxalertcounttimeperiodminutes/default||10||Specifies for how long, in minutes, the system suppresses alerts.|
For information about setting prconfig.xml file values in a Dynamic System Settings rule, see Creating a dynamic system setting.
Recommended next steps
To prevent this alert from occurring, perform the following steps:
- If the default threshold for the number of alerts allowed during a specified period is too low, increase the threshold by adding the following dynamic system settings:
- prconfig/alerts/general/maxalertcountintimeperiod/default with a value of 2500
- prconfig/alerts/general/maxalertcounttimeperiodminutes/default with a value of 5
- Analyze the alerts that have been disabled. Identify and resolve the root cause of the frequent messages.
- If you anticipate the generation of a large number of alerts, for example, during performance testing or large batch processing, and decide that suppressing alerts that exceed the limit is acceptable, modify the PEGA0044 alert thresholds described in the Default dynamic system settings section above.