Organization landing page
Access the Organization landing page by clicking.
- Organizational Chart
Operators tabUse this tab to display a list of operators in the system and information about them.
|Full Name||The full name of this user (up to 50 characters). This text is present in the navigation panel of standard portal displays. A user can have more than one operator ID.|
|Operator ID||The key part of an operator ID instance.|
|Job Position/Title||Optional. The user's job title or position.|
|Access Group||The name of an access group (a Data-Admin-Operator-AccessGroup instance) for this user.|
|Last sign on||The date and time when this operator most recently logged on using HTTP or HTTPS access to the Pega Platform portal using Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser on a Windows workstation, or from a browser presenting a Pega composite application.|
- To add an operator ID instance, click New....
- To migrate the data into an Excel spreadsheet, click Excel.
- Use the Search Text field to locate a user either by name or by operator ID. Use autocomplete to filter the text you want to search on.
Organizational Chart tabThis tab enables you to view the organizational structures and operators in the system. You can create or modify existing structures and add operators.
Pega Platform supports a three-level organizational hierarchy. The top level is known as the organization; the middle level as divisions, and the lowest level as organization units. Each user (operator ID instance) is associated with an organization, division, and unit.This tab displays a tree chart representing the organizations in your system. You can use the chart to:
- Add nodes at the peer level (for example, add a division belonging to the same organization)
- Add children nodes (for example, add organization units reporting to a division)
- Add operators to the organization
- Open an organization, division, or organization unit rule form
- View a list of operators associated with each node
Viewing the chartClick a plus sign to expand any node. Organizations are presented at the top level, divisions at the first indented level, and organization units at the second indented level. Organization units can have child units reporting to them. These child units are for charting purposes only. Their relationships are not referenced during rule processing or used in reports.
The Description column contains the short description text in the node's rule form. The Cost Center and Manager columns use the values entered in the Cost Center and Cost Center Manager sections on the Accounting tab on division and organization unit rule forms.
Double-click any node to open its rule form.
Working with the chartYou can perform operations on a node by selecting it on the chart and right-clicking. This opens a pop-up menu, which displays these options:
- Add Node -- Add a node at the same level. Enter the node name in a pop-up panel and click OK. The new node appears on the tree and a new instance is created. By default, the description text is the same name you entered.
- Add Child -- Add a child node beneath a parent node. Enter the node name in the pop-up panel and click OK. The new node appears beneath the parent node on the tree and a new instance is created.
- View Operators -- Display the list of operators associated with a node (identified in the Organizational Unit field on the Work Settings tab of the operator ID instance). Click an item to open the instance.
- Add Operator -- Add an operator instance to an organization. Enter the required information in the pop-up window and click OK. For more information, see Creating an operator ID. You can also create operators in the Operators tab.
- Open -- Open a node's rule form. Alternatively, double-click a node in the chart.