Adding or editing charts from the report definition rule form
You can add a chart to a summarized report by launching the Chart Editor from the report definition rule form.
Creating advanced reports or open an existing report definition rule form by navigating to the rule in the Application Explorer.
On the Query tab, verify that the report contains at least one summarized column.
On the Chart tab, click Include chart.
In the drop-down lists on the Chart Editor toolbar, select a chart type and subtype.If the chart type you want does not appear in the toolbar, you can click All chart types to see all the available charts.
Click Title to enter a title for the chart and configure font settings, and then click Submit.
Click an item in the Color settings menu to configure general, conditional, or threshold color settings:
- Click General color settings to specify a background color, decide whether to use solid colors or gradients in 2D charts, and define a palette of available colors.
- Click Conditional colors to define colors that conditionally apply to chart elements based on numeric values and group by column values. Each conditional color consists of a condition, a value, and a HEX value color code.
- Click Threshold colors to define colored lines or regions that appear on the chart grid. Each color threshold consists of a condition, a value or range of values, a HEX value color code, and an optional label.
Click an item in the General settings menu to configure format and legend/slider options, and enable user commands:
- Click Format options to specify label font settings, the chart size and, if applicable, whether to display the chart in 3D.
- Click Legend/Slider options to enable and configure the legend and slider.
- Click Enable user commands to enable specific user commands in the Report Viewer.
In the Data pane, drag and drop columns from the Available columns list to the drop zones.
In the drop zone, click the Gear icon to set column-specific format settings on the Data settings form in the Chart Editor form.
To preview the chart, save your changes and run the report.To preview a chart while you are designing it, open the Chart Editor from the Report Editor.
- Removing a chart by using the report definition rule form
From the report definition rule form, you can remove a chart from a summarized report. You might need to remove a chart if the chart no longer meets your business needs, or if you modified the report so that it no longer contains the columns required for the chart.
- Showing chart data
For report definition reports that contain charts with the Show data option, you can view the chart data in either a pop-up window or a tab.
- Chart types and subtypes
You can include charts in summarized reports.
- Data settings form in the Chart Editor
For each drop zone in the Chart Editor, you can define column-specific format settings by using the Data settings form. The available options depend on the chart type and the type of data in that column.
- Styling charts in the application skin
When you style charts by using a theme, charts that are generated for report definition reports and the automatically generated chart control are styled consistently, so you do not need to style charts individually. The charts in your application use a default theme until you configure a new theme.
- Creating advanced reports
Facilitate the process of data analysis by presenting the data that you retrieve from the database in the form of a table.
- Adding or editing charts in the Report Editor
Display a graphical representation of the report data by adding a chart to the report in the Report Editor. The report requires aggregated data to include a chart.