Creating a report category
In Dev Studio, you can create a category to classify reports. Categories allow managers to organize reports in the Report Browser.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
On the Create form, enter values in the fields to define the context of the category.
- Describes the purpose of the category.
- Specifies a unique identifier for the category. You can keep the default value or click Edit to manually define an identifier.
- Owner Type
- Describes the type of the category.
Describes the owner of the category based on the type:
- For a standard category, the system enters ALL as the default value.
- For a shared category, enter the access group that can see this category.
- For a personal category, enter the operator ID of the user who can see this category.
- Add to ruleset
- Identifies the name and unlocked version of a ruleset that stores the category.
Click Create and open to open the Category form.
You can view all the report categories in your application by clicking Records in the navigation panel of Dev Studio, then expanding the Reports section and then clicking Category.
- Configuring the display of a report category
In Dev Studio, you can configure the way categories are displayed in the Report Browser. By configuring the display of a category, you can customize the text for the link to the category and control the listing of the category in the Report Browser.
- Report categories
A category provides a way for managers to classify and organize reports in the Report Browser.