Reporting Settings landing page
From the Reporting Settings landing page, you can view the resource limits for running reports and exporting data, define associations for map charts, schedule reports, manage usage reports, and view SQL functions.
To access this landing page, in the Dev Studio header, click.
The Reporting Settings landing page provides the following tabs:
- Settings – Use this tab to view and change the resource limits applied to running reports and exporting report data.
- Maps – For map charts in reports on each class, use this tab to define how to associate
known map regions or areas with property values in that class.If these associations are not defined correctly, the data may be associated with the wrong regions, or might not appear at all.
- Scheduled Reports – Lists the scheduled reporting tasks for the application. The information provided about each task includes when the task last ran and its status, and when the task is scheduled to run next.
- Report Usage – Lists reports that generate statistics about the usage and performance of report definition reports in the current application. These usage reports are defined in the Log-ReportStatistics class.
- SQL Functions – Lists information about all available SQL function alias rules. SQL function alias rules define SQL expressions that can be used in the database queries that a report definition generates.
- Setting resource limits for reporting
You can set system resource limits that apply when running reports and exporting report data. These resource limits specify the maximum number of rows to retrieve, the maximum elapsed time (in seconds) for the database query, and the number of rows to export at a time.
- Defining associations for map charts
For map charts that display in reports on each class, you must define how to associate known map regions, or areas with property values in that class. If these associations are not defined correctly, the data might not display, or might display and be associated with the wrong regions.
- Maps available for use as charts
You can display the data in a summarized report by using a map, if the data supports that kind of visualization. Map visualizations are useful for reports with geographic data, such as sales by region, activity by state, and incidents by county.
- Usage reports
Usage reports generate statistics about the usage and performance of report definition reports in the current application. Usage reports are defined in the Log-ReportStatistics class.
- Managing scheduled reporting tasks in Dev Studio
Managing scheduled reporting tasks in Dev Studio