Schedule task form
Use the Schedule task form to schedule reports to run at a time, interval, and frequency that you define.
- Task Name: This field is required and populated by the report. You can accept the default name, or edit this field. The name can only contain letters, numbers, and the underscore character, without spaces.
Task Description: This field is required and populated by the
report. You can accept the default description, or edit this field.
This section also lists the category name, shortcut name, report class, and report name, as populated by the report.
- Time of Day: Select an hour for the report to run. The time corresponds to the time zone where the server running this instance of the Pega Platform is located.
- One-Time only: Select this radio button to run the report only once. In the On field, specify the date to run the report on.
Recurring: Select this radio button to run the report more than
- Frequency: Specify whether the report runs daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Start: Specify a start date for running the report.
- No end date: Select this radio button to run the report indefinitely.
- End after: Specify an integer for how many times to run the report.
- End by: Specify the end date for running the report. The report runs based on the schedule you set until this date.
- On error, retry: Select this check box to rerun the report if the initial request did not complete because of an error. Also, specify how many times the system should attempt to run the report, and how long to wait between attempts.
Task Output Processing
Output File Format: Specify whether the file format for the report
output is a PDF file or an Excel Workbook.
When a scheduled report with a chart is exported to a PDF file, the chart is not included in the PDF file. For information about how to export a chart for a scheduled report, see the Pega Community article Exporting a chart in a scheduled report to a PDF file.
- Enable authorized users to subscribe to task notifications: Select this check box to allow other authorized user to subscribe to this report.
- Send Notifications to the following users: Specify the Operator ID for each person who will receive a copy of the report when it runs. By default, the Operator ID of the current user is listed first. Click the plus icon to add recipients.
- Attach output to notification: Select this check box to attach the report output to the email notification that subscribers receive each time that the report runs.
- Embed link to output in notification: Select this check box to embed a link to the report output, rather than the output file, in the email notification that subscribers receive each time that the report runs.
- Configure Notification Message: Click this button to open a window where you can specify the content of the email notification that is sent to subscribers each time the report runs.