Converting a list report to a summarized report
Analyze the numerical data to discover the number of particular events in an application by converting a list report to a summarized report. For example, you can summarize the total number of user IDs in the application.
Run the report that you want to update.For more information, see Running a report.
In the upper-right corner of the screen, click Edit report.
In the Summarize and Sort section, in the Summarize list, select one of the following methods to summarize the values of each column.
- To remove a column from the report, select Do not include.
- To group the summarized values by the values in a column, select GROUP BY.
- To display the number of rows in a column for each group, select COUNT.
- To display the number of unique values in the column for each group, select COUNT DISTINCT.
- To display the highest value in each group, select MAX.
- To display the lowest value in each group, select
MIN.You can select one option for each column.
In the Sort list, select one of the following methods to sort the values of each column.
- To display the values in ascending order, select Lowest to highest.
- To display the values in descending order, select Highest to lowest.
- To leave the order without changes, select No sorting.
To add a column that displays the number of rows, select the Include a column of row counts check box.
To expand all group sections when you open the report in the Report Viewer, select the Expand all group sections by default in initial display check box.
To exclude the group headings from the report results, select the Do not display group headings check box.
Convert the list report by clicking Apply changes.