Robotic Processing Automation (RPA) Service
Pega® Robotic Automation includes a scheduling service that you use to schedule Robotic Processing Automation (RPA) sessions. Use the Pega RPA Service to perform the following tasks:
- Provide a connection between the robot and Robot Manager. This allows you to start robots from Robot Manager manually or by using a schedule, and terminate robots that are not behaving as expected.
- Create a Windows session and log in a robot.
- Schedule a robot when not connected to Robot Manager by using a scheduling file.
To specify the login information to use to identify the Windows system user when starting the virtual machine, use the Pega Robotic Automation Credentials Manager utility. The Pega RPA Service only works under the following scenarios:
- You are logged in as the user that you specified in the Credentials Manager
- No users are logged in.
Before you can use the Pega RPA Service, complete the following tasks:
- Installing the Pega RPA Service
- Enabling the Pega RPA Service to simulate a Secure Attention Sequence
- Configuring Robotic Automation Runtime:
- Scheduling when a RPA robot runs
Published September 1, 2017 — Updated March 13, 2019