Changing the default keystore caching settings
You can change the values of the KeyStoreCacheExpireTime and KeyStoreCacheSize settings to control how often the keystore cache is refreshed and to restrict cache size. The lower the values, the less memory is used, but processing power is reduced.
When you create a keystore data instance, you select the reference from which the keystore entries are sourced.
- If you choose Reference to file or Reference to URL and select Cache keystore, Pega Platform caches the keystore entries for the time that you specify.
- If you choose Upload file, Pega Platform caches the keystore entries for the time set in the KeyStoreCacheExpireTime dynamic system setting.
- If you select Reference to data page and do not populate the Load Management tab, Refresh strategy area, Pega Platform caches the keystore entries for the time set in the KeyStoreCacheExpireTime dynamic system setting.
In the Dev Studio search field, enter the name of the dynamic system setting that you want to modify and press Enter.
In the list of results, click the dynamic system setting that you want to modify.
- KeyStoreCacheExpireTime – The caching time of the keystore entries (in seconds). The default value is 3600.
- KeyStoreCacheSize – The number of keystore entries that can be held in cache. The default value is 150. Set this value to no less than 50.
Change the value in the Value field.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 for each dynamic system setting that you want to modify.
A keystore is a file that contains keys and certificates that you use for encryption, authentication, and serving content over HTTPS. In Pega Platform, you create a keystore data instance that points to a keystore file.
- Creating a keystore for application data encryption
Create a keystore instance for your keystore file, which contains the keys and certificates that are used, for example, to support Web Services Security and outbound email security.