Configuring activities to generate a JSON Web Token
To generate a JSON Web Token in Pega Platform, you need to call the pxGenerateJWT activity. The activity can then generate the token.
Create a custom activity that you will use to generate the JSON web token.
In your activity, add a step to call the activity pxGenerateJWT, and pass these parameters.
- profileName - Enter the token profile name that you created.
- jwtPageName - Enter the JWT clipboard page name.
- inputPagaName - Enter the page name that contains input data used in a custom claim.
- payloadPageName - Enter the page name from which you want to map properties.
- payloadCustomKeyName - Enter the node name where the data is generated. The default name is pyData.
- excludedPropertiesJWTList - Enter a comma-separated list of properties to exclude from the node.
- outputPegaName - Enter the generated JWT.
Run your custom activity to generate the token.
- Token profile data instance
Create a JSON Web Token (JWT) profile data instance to confirm a user's identity between two different processes. JSON Web Token (JWT) is an open standard that defines a compact and self-contained method to securely exchange information between different parties as a JSON object. For example, the token can contain information about a user that can be used by another party to validate the identity of the user.
- Creating a token profile
Use a JSON Web Token (JWT) to exchange information securely between two different parties. For example, a JWT can carry information about a user that can be used by another party to authenticate the identity of the user.
- Calling another activity