Customizing the Access Manager privileges tab
You can customize the content of the lists for the selectable options that appear for many fields on the Access Manager Privileges tab.
You can customize the content of the lists for the following data categories:
- Roles – By default the data page retrieves all roles defined in the current application rulesets.
- Case Types – By default the data page uses a report definition to return the list of case types in the current application.
- Data Types – By default the data page uses a report definition to return the list of data types in the current application and industry applications.
- Privileges – By default the data page uses a report definition to return the list of privileges in the current application.
- Access When – By default the data page uses a report definition to return the list of Access When rules in the current application.
In the table are important information needed for customization.
|Data category||Source data page||Class name||Properties|
|Roles||D_AccessRoleList||Rule-Access-Role-Name|| pyAccessRole |
|Case Types||D_CaseTypeList||Rule-Obj-Class|| pyClassName |
|Data Types||D_DataTypeList||Rule-Obj-Class|| pyClassName |
|Privileges||D_PrivilegeList||Rule-Access-Privilege|| pyPrivilegeName |
|Access When||D_AccessWhenList||Rule-Access-When|| pBlockName |
To customize the privilege tab, do the following steps.
Create a report definition, data transform, or custom activity which returns the instances of Class name that you want, providing each Property.
Save a copy of the Source data page into your application's ruleset, to override the default instance.
Change the source of your copy of the Source data page to reference the report definition, data transform, or custom activity that you created in step 1.
- Access Manager
Use Access Manager to view and determine what authorization operators have for accessing case types, data, and tools in an application.
- Granting privileges to an access role
On the Privileges tab of the Access Manager landing page, you can create, review, and modify privileges for users with different roles to access specific objects of a case and data types.
- Standard privileges
Pega Platform includes about 300 standard privileges. Many of the standard privileges provide the ability to run specific individual standard flow actions and individual standard flows. Alternatively, if you have the AllFlows and AllFlowActions privileges, you can access all the standard flows and all the standard flow actions respectively.