Creating an authentication profile
Create an authentication profile to move messages securely to and from your application with a variety of connector and server rules.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click.
In the list of authentication profiles, click Create.
In the Type list, click the profile type:
- To pass basic HTTP authentication credentials, select Basic.
- To pass NT LAN Manager credentials, select NTLM.
- To use OAuth 1.0 authentication, select OAuth 1.0a.
- To use OAuth 2.0 authentication, including support for the on-behalf-of (OBO) flow and JWT bearer grant type for Microsoft Azure and other providers, select OAuth 2.0.
- To use Amazon Web Services (AWS) security credentials. for example, for S3 repository storage, select Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- To use Microsoft Azure storage account access, select Microsoft Azure.
Enter a name and short description.The name must begin with a letter.
Click Create and open.
Configure your selected authentication profile.
- Configuring a Basic authentication profile
Configure a basic authentication profile so that messages sent to and from your application use basic HTTP authentication credentials.
- Configuring an NTLM authentication profile
Configure an NTLM authentication profile so that messages sent to and from your application use NT LAN Manager credentials.
- Configuring an OAuth 2.0 authentication profile
Configure an OAuth 2.0 authentication profile to secure messages that your application sends and receives, by using an OAuth 2.0 token-based authorization process. You define OAuth 2.0 authentication profiles for Pega Platform to securely access external REST service APIs with access tokens.
- Configuring an Amazon Web Services authentication profile
Configure an Amazon Web Services (AWS) authentication profile so that messages sent to and from your application use AWS authentication.
- Potential problems with keystores when using AWS KMS
You can integrate Pega Platform with your private Amazon Web Services Key Management Service (AWS KMS) account to manage the keys that encrypt and decrypt BLOBs and property values. Some problems can occur but they can be mitigated or prevented with the proper configuration.
- Configuring a Microsoft Azure authentication profile
Configure a Microsoft Azure authentication profile so that messages sent to and from your application use Microsoft Azure authentication.