Requiring a privilege for a rule
You can update a rule to specify that a privilege is required to access or use that rule. Only certain rule forms include the Privilege field, and for the rules that do, entering privileges is optional.
The following table lists the rules that require privileges and the function of the privilege for each of the rules:
Only users with the privilege can execute the activity.
Attachment category rules
Only users with the privilege can perform certain operations on an
Only users with the privilege can use the rule.
Only users with the privilege can start the flow.
Only users with the privilege can select certain actions.
Parse structured rules
Only users with the privilege can execute rules.
Report definition rules
Only users with the privilege can produce the report or chart.
- Certain rules always require a privilege.
- For a specific use case, you can require a privilege.
Open the rule form for the rule that requires the privilege.
On the Security tab, in the Privilege name field, enter the privilege name.
Click Save As.
Click Create and open.
- In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click .
- In the Flow Action tab, in the Action Name column, click Show Description.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the Privilege name field, choose AllFlowActions.
- Click Save As.
- Click Create and open.
ArticleCreating a privilege