Multi-factor authentication with a one-time password
Pega Platform supports two-factor authentication by sending a one-time password (OTP) to a user through email. The user must enter this one-time password in your Pega Platform application for verification.
Two-factor authentication is supported for the following use cases:
- In custom authentication services
- In case flows, to authenticate a user before critical transactions (such as a funds transfer in excess of a certain amount)
You can configure your Pega Platform application to use two-factor authentication by completing the following steps:
- Configuring multifactor authentication policies.
- Generating a one-time password.
- Verifying a one-time password.