Creating a Job Scheduler rule
To perform tasks and jobs that are configured to run on a periodic basis, such as bulk processing or system cleanup jobs, create a Job Scheduler rule.
In Dev Studio, click.
Add a label and a ruleset to your Job Scheduler rule.
Click Create and open.
Configure the Job Scheduler to run on specific node types by performing the following actions:
Click the Select node types icon.
Select the check boxes next to the node types that you want to associate with the Job Scheduler rule.
In the Runs on drop-down list, configure the Job Scheduler rule to run on one or all nodes by selecting one of the following options:
If you configure the Job Scheduler to run on any node, the Pega Platform application chooses the node on which it processes the task.
- To run the job scheduler on all nodes in a cluster, click All associated nodes.
- To run the job scheduler on only one node in a cluster, click Any one associated node.
In the Schedule drop-down list, click the schedule for the Job Scheduler rule and provide additional details, such as a start time.
In the Context drop-down list, select the context for the activity resolution:
- If you want to resolve the activity in a specific context, select
Specify access group, and then provide the access group.
Make sure the access group that you specify has the access to the class and activity that you specify in the following steps.
- If you want to resolve the activity in the context specified in the System Runtime
Context, for example use the same context for the job scheduler and activity resolution,
select Use System Runtime Context.
For more information, see System general landing page.
- If you want to resolve the activity in a specific context, select Specify access group, and then provide the access group.
In the Class field, enter a class for the Job Scheduler rule.The class that you provide must contain the activity that you want the Job Scheduler rule to resolve.
In the Activity field, enter an activity that you want the Job Scheduler rule to resolve.
ArticleJob Scheduler rules
ArticleConfiguring the Job Scheduler rule thread pool