How to provide the Clipboard Viewer to a system administrator or business user
PRPC-provided security prevents you from adding the Clipboard Viewer to a traditional WorkUser portal for Read-Only use by users who are not application developers.
Typically, users in the role of Developer have access to the Clipboard Viewer, a component of the Clipboard tool. The Suggested Approach explains how to provide a Clipboard Viewer link to a business user or system administrator with the role User4 and access to the traditional WorkUser portal for special business needs that require this capability.
Here is a preview of the example used in the Suggested Approach. Using a traditional Work User portal, a business user or system administrator:
- Has an Operator ID that is available to receive work
- Is in an Access Group for an application with access to the PegaSample Work Pool
- Has the roles PegaRULES:User4 and an application User role
The application User role specifies the Rule-Access-Role-Obj with the privileges:
The access group of the Work User specifies Login Settings for the Default Portal Layout of WorkUserWithClipboard. The Pega-provided WorkUser portal is modified by adding a Gadget ClipboardForUser under the Gadget Title Tools, and the HTML Source shows the script for the function openClipboard.
When work users log in to the modified WorkUser portal with the Tools gadget, they can see and click Clipboard to view the Clipboard. The Work Users view of the Clipboard restricts the actions available for selection to Refresh, Refresh Current Page, and Find.
To provide a Clipboard Viewer link to a PRPC user with the role PegaRULES:User4 and access to the traditional WorkUser portal, follow these steps:
- For the user’s Operator ID, specify the General information and Access Group. Be sure to check the option Operator is available to receive work?
- For the user’s Access Group, on the Layout tab, specify Application Name, Version, Work Pool, and Roles. Be sure to include the role PegaRULES:User4 in addition to the new Work User role.
- For the new Work User role specified in the previous step (exampleTest:User), specify the Access Of Role To Object. On the Security tab, enter the value 5 to specify the Production level system for the Access Controls — Search Instances, Execute Activities, and Open Rules.
- Continuing in the Access Of Role To Object form, specify three Privileges for Production Level use: AllFlows, AllFlowActions, clipboardViewer.
- For the user's Access Group, on the Settings tab, under the Login Settings section, specify the Default Portal Layout as WorkUserWithClipboard.
- For the WorkUser portal, on the Tabs tab, add a row in the Gadgets array to specify the Gadget ClipboardForUser and the Gadget Title Tools.
- Verify that the HTML Source of the ClipboardForUser portal gadget contains the following function:
- When business users (PegaRULES:User4) log in to the WorkUser portal, they can see and click the Clipboard link under the Tools gadget.
- The Clipboard link on the WorkUser portal displays the Clipboard Viewer.
- For Work Users, Clipboard Actions are restricted to the following:
- Refresh Current Page