This article describes the following troubleshooting information for Pega Mobile Client.
Viewing logs when you are unable to log in to Pega Mobile Client
Pega Mobile Client login screen
You enable Pega Mobile Client app debugging and set its log level by using a check box and a dropdown on the Build tab of your mobile application. When an error that is not related to invalid credentials occurs and you cannot log in to Pega Mobile Client (with this setting enabled), an alert box is displayed above the user name and password fields. To troubleshoot the cause of the problem, click System > Operations > Logs.
From the Build tab, you can also change the log level to one of the following choices: Silent, Error, Warning, Info, or Debug.
Viewing alerts and logs when offline-enabled apps fail to synchronize data
To review alerts in the alert log on the server node, select Alerts from the Designer Studio developer toolbar.
To review corresponding system log entries, access the Log Files tool in Designer Studio and use the entry number from the alert's Correlation ID field to find the system log entry that contains device log information.
For more information about configuring and interpreting the alert, see Understanding the PEGA0066 alert - Mobile App Data-Sync Failure.
Version error message when logging in to Pega Mobile Client
Pega Mobile Client login screen
When you attempt to log in to the Pega Mobile Client (hybrid client) app, an error message might be displayed stating that the version of the Pega Mobile Client is incompatible with the requested application. If you see this message, reinstall a version of Pega Mobile Client that is supported.
Build fails because the updated assets.zip file cannot be uploaded
When you obtain the assets.zip file to upload your own image assets for Pega Mobile Client branding purposes, the bundle upload process might fail. This produces an error message similar to the following:
Mobile build failure reason: Unsupported file/folder assets have been found in customization.zip
This problem occurs if the image assets were compressed on Apple Mac OS, which adds a layer of folders or files at the root level.
To solve this issue:
- Change the directory to the uncompressed folder of the assets.zip file where the android and ios folders with your branding changes are located.
- Highlight both the android and ios folders.
- From the context menu, select Compress 2 Items. A compressed file named Archive.zip is created.
- Keep this file name or rename it to something more meaningful, such as my_company_assets.zip.
- Upload this updated assets file as described in Configuring a mobile app.
The Create build button is dimmed when you configure and build a mobile application
If the PegaRULES:SysAdm4 access role.
button is dimmed when you attempt to configure and build your Android or iOS mobile app, you need to modify your access groups. This issue occurs in your application for all access groups created before March 28, 2015, that had their access roles cloned from the
To fix your access groups so that the
button is available during the mobile app building process, perform these steps for each access role that has the described issue.
- In the Available roles section of the access group form, open the access role that was cloned from the PegaRULES:SysAdm4 access role.
- Add a new access class.
- Enter Data-Mobile- in the Class field.
- Set all access (Read instances, Write instances, Delete instances, and so on) to 5.
- Grant the pzCreateAndPublishMobileBuild privilege by entering this name in the Name field.
- Set its level to 5 in the Level field.
HTTP Basic authentication failed error during login
This issue applies only if the Oracle WebLogic web application server is used by the Pega Platform. If you attempt to log in to the Pega Mobile Client offline-enabled application and the
failed error is generated, make sure that preemptive authentication is being used by the Oracle WebLogic web application server that hosts the Pega Platform. Set the following Oracle SOA 11g partner link binding property to true: