Troubleshooting: SmartInfo pop-up window remains open, does not close automatically
Occasionally, SmartInfo pop-up windows do not close automatically as expected, even after you have installed the latest known hotfix applicable for your version of PRPC. This problem occurs randomly and intermittently in the following contexts:
- Data loading in the SmartInfo pop-up takes a long time, causing you to change your context in the UI.
- A drop-down list overlaps a SmartInfo field.
- Screens have too many hover pop-ups.
To resolve this problem, choose one of the procedures documented in the PRPC Help and in the PDN Articles cited.
Because the problem occurs randomly and intermittently, it is very important that you perform a local change. Choose the local change that best suits your needs:
- Add a Close button to the SmartInfo section for users to click.
Refer to SmartInfo – definition, this information block:
Refer to How to add a SmartLabel pop-up to a harness, section, or flow action rule.
- If the SmartInfo pop-up window is specified in a List View, then choose one of the following options:
- Add a Close button to the SmartInfo section for users to click (the first option described above).
- Present the SmartInfo pop-up window in an embedded format:
In the List View record, on the Format tab, under Smart Info Settings, check the Embedded? option.
Refer to How to create reports that offer users two distinct SmartInfo displays.
Harness, Section, and Flow Action forms, Adding a SmartLabel
Published May 28, 2014 — Updated October 2, 2015