Best practices for using Cosmos React in new and existing applications
Cosmos React is an exciting UI framework that offers improved performance, interactivity and response time. As a new and still-expanding architecture, it offers a narrower feature set than the section-based Theme Cosmos UI. By familiarizing yourself with best practices for the use of Cosmos React, you can make the best UI choice for your business.
Guidelines for new applications
- Use Cosmos React for simple applications that you can enhance incrementally as the Cosmos React framework evolves.
- Review the list of features that are not yet available in Cosmos React.
For more information, see Feature limitations in Cosmos React.
- For new applications that you build on top of existing applications that do not use Theme Cosmos, keep the original architecture. For example, Pega Customer Service uses UI Kit. If you build a new application that is based on the Pega Customer Service application, it must also use UI Kit.
Guidelines for existing applications
- Keep UI Kit applications on their current architecture.
- Keep existing Theme Cosmos applications that use a section-based
UI on their current architecture. Consider upgrading to the latest version of
the Cosmos theme ruleset (Theme-Cosmos) in the application
For more information, see Updating the Cosmos theme in your application.
- Use Theme Cosmos for applications that are based on other section-based UI applications, Pega Customer Service, or Sales Automation.
- To shorten future migrations, consider preparing for migration now by checking existing applications for compliance with the App Studio development methodology. Use the App Studio Compliance landing page to identify non-compliant UI elements in your application, and then plan development time to address identified issues.