Configuring column views
Applicable to Cosmos React applications
Build a reusable user interface module by defining the form and content of a view. Views are clusters of UI components that you can modify according to your business needs by adding fields, applying templates, or embedding other views.For example, in a loan application you can create a view with fields for collecting data about a secondary applicant, and then use that view in different contexts throughout the application.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
Open the column-based view that you want to edit:
Choices Actions Forms
On the Workflow tab, in the Case life cycle section, click an assignment or an approval step.
In the Step properties pane, click Configure view.
Case views and previously-configured forms On the User interface tab, click the view that you want to edit.The list includes only the views for new steps that you initially configured in the Workflow tab.
In the Edit view section, make the updates that you need:
- To change the name of the view, in the View name field, enter a new view name.
- To change the view template, click Edit, and then click the template that you want to apply to the view.
- To add a field, view, data relationship, or a UI component to the view, click Add, and then select the item that you want to add.
- To change the position of a field or a view on the page, drag the component into place.
- To remove a field or a view from the page, click Remove this field.
In the row with the newly added item, click the Configure icon, and then define additional settings, such as labels and visibility.For more information, see Configuring fields.
In this scenario, the view uses a two-column template.