Adding a Purpose-Specific control
Purpose-specific controls provide the optimal formatting for displaying particular types of data such as currency, date, decimal numbers, and so on.
A purpose-specific control is a specialized Text control.
> Adding a purpose-specific control
- From the Basic control group, select any control.
- Drag the control into the layout and release the pointer button to drop the control.
- Select the cell containing the rule and click the View properties icon to open its Cell Properties panel.
- In the Cell Properties panel, click the change link to open a panel showing different control types.
- Select a control from the Purpose specific list.
The Cell Properties panel shows the type of control you've selected and changes the General and Presentation options according to the control's data type.
- On the Cell Properties panel, define the purpose-specific control using the following tabs:
ArticleAdding a Text control