Adding a Tooltip
Harness and Section forms - Adding a Tooltip
A Tooltip is a text label that is clickable. At run time, if the user clicks the label text, a pop-up SmartInfo section appears.
Adding a Tooltip is similar to adding a text label, except that the Format field value is SmartLabel and accepts parameters.
To build and test a section, identify or create a section that forms the contents of the pop-up window.The section cannot contain input fields.
Add the Tooltip control to the Harness, Section, or Flow Action by performing the following actions:
On the Design tab, from the Data display list, drag Tooltip onto the work area.
Click the View properties icon to open the Cell Properties panel.
Complete the General tab.The General tab for a Tooltip control is identical to the General tab for a Label control. For more information, see General tab.
Complete the Presentation tab. For more information, see Presentation.
Complete the Parameters tab by providing values for the following required fields:
- Label : Enter the text that is to appear in the cell on the harness, section, or flow action form.
- SectionName : Enter the second key part — Stream Name — of a section to appear as a pop-up when the user clicks the label. At runtime, the system uses the Applies To class of the current rule to find the section using rule resolution.
- HeaderText : Enter text to appear at the top of the pop-up SmartInfo window.
Check the clickable check box to make the control clickable, supporting an "on click" action you may add on the Actions tab.
Check the Activate input formatting check box to allow formatting of the label on this control if its edit option is set to Editable on the Presentation tab.
Add an action to this control by choose one of the event options:
- On click
- On change
- On blur
- To remove any existing selection, select None.
If you have selected an event, in the Action field that appears select one of the options:
- Post value
- Refresh this section
The UI Gallery landing page contains a working example of this element. To display the gallery, in Dev Studio, click.
- Tooltip Properties — Presentation tab
Click the View properties icon in the cell containing the Tooltip control to display the Properties panel, and select the Presentation tab.