Reusing fields on forms
Save time and build forms that are convenient to maintain by referencing fields on other, existing forms. For example, you can reuse a field group to capture different user details on a new form, such as name, surname, mailing address and phone number, instead of creating separate fields for each item.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
On the Workflow tab, click Life cycle.
In the Case life cycle section, click an assignment or an approval step.
In the Step properties panel, click Configure view.
In the dialog window, click Fields.
Click Add to view next to the field that you want to reuse.
To change the default display mode of the field, in the Options list, select a new mode:You cannot change the display mode of a field when its value is calculated by using an expression.
You configure the default display mode when you first create a field. For more information, see Adding single-value fields to forms.
- To indicate that users can optionally complete the field, select Optional.
- To indicate that users need to provide the value in the field, select Required.
- To indicate that users can only view the field, select Read-only.
- To indicate that users can only view the field and an application determines the value at run time, select Calculated (read-only).
- Restrictions on field and form reuse
You can reference an existing field or form when you build a new form. By reusing components in your application, you save time and avoid duplication.