Configuring dynamic views
You can configure dynamic views that your application displays when users proceed through a case. By changing the default fields in these views, you can customize the forms that users access when they create, update, or review the case.
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Case types, and then click the case type that you want to open.
In the case working area, click the Views tab, and then click a dynamic view.
Dynamic views display the Dynamic view icon.
In the dynamic view window, click Edit this view.
In the dialog window, update the dynamic view:
- To add a preconfigured field, in the properties panel, expand the Fields section, and then click Add to view next to the field that you want to add.
- To reuse an existing view, in the properties panel, expand the Views section, and then click Add to view next to the view that you want to add.
- To include a data object in your view, in the properties panel, expand the Data objects section, and then click Add to view next to the data object that you want to add.
- To create a new field, in the working area, click Add field, and then provide a descriptive name for the field.
- Configuring views for cases
Display relevant information and gather data from users by creating views for cases and associating the views with case types. When you create views, you decide what fields the users see and how they interact with the fields as the case moves towards a resolution.
- Building forms for case types
You capture user input in a case by building forms. When you create, configure, and organize relevant fields in a form, you can clearly communicate to users the tasks that they need to perform to process an assignment in a case.