Setting size and appearance options
Use the Options area of the Control tab on the Control form to specify the size, style, placeholder, and tooltip for the control.
- For Text input, Text area,
Date time, or Rich text editor controls, set the Specify Size option:
- Auto – Select this setting if you want the layout to determine the width of the control area.
- Custom – Select this setting to specify a fixed value in the Width field.
- For Text area or Rich text editor controls, set the Specify Height option.
- Optional. To limit the characters entered for a control, set the minimum or maximum characters in the Min/Max Chars fields.
- If you specify a maximum character limit for a Text area control, the Display Character Counter option displays. This determines whether a count of remaining characters displays at run time. The counter decrements as the user types. When the character limit is reached, additional characters are not accepted.
- For Autocomplete or Multi-select list controls, specify the maximum and minimum settings for search results.
- In the Style list, press the Down Arrow key to select from a list of predefined styles, such as Past deadline display text.
- To display instructional text with the control, set the Placeholder field to a value other than None and use the corresponding Placeholder Text field to enter the instruction or hint.
- To add a tooltip for the control, press the Down Arrow key in the Tooltip list and select the appropriate predefined text.
- Custom controls
- Controls form Completing the Controls tab
Pega Platform includes a set of standard auto-generated controls. As a best practice, use these controls to save development time and ensure consistency. By default, this tab is displayed when you open an auto-generated control or open a New rule.
Use control rules to determine the appearance of a single property, such as a button or drop-down field, on a form.