Specifying the caption for a Link control
Using a caption for a Link control makes it easier for application users to understand the link's purpose and to complete their tasks.
When you plan to localize the application that includes this Link control, limit the caption's text length to 64 characters. A field value rule with pyButtonLabel as the second key part and this text as the final key part is needed for each locale. When practical, choose a caption that is already included in a language pack, to simplify later localization. For more information, see Localization wizard.
Prerequisite: Add a link control to a layout.
tab of the
panel, set the
option to one of the following
- Text – Select this setting and in the adjacent field enter the text to display as the link's caption.
- Property Reference – Select this setting and use the adjacent field to configure the caption as a property reference.
- Link controls
Add a Link control to a form to enable users to open a new application view or to move the cursor to a new position on the current view.
- Styling options for Link controls
Establishing a consistent look for Link controls in your application saves development time, gives your application a more predictable user interface, and makes it easier for users to complete forms.
- Adding and configuring a Link control
By adding a Link control to a layout, you make it possible for application users to display a new form or move the cursor to a different spot on the current form. By configuring a Link control, you give your application a consistent look and feel.
- Specifying the image source and tooltip for a Link control
Using images and tooltips to indicate a link's purpose makes it easier for application users to understand a form and to complete their tasks.
- Specifying presentation options for a Link control
Three predefined formats are available for Link controls: Strong, Standard, and Simple. Using these formats consistently in your application makes the user interface more predictable and makes it easier for users to complete forms.
- Defining the behavior of form elements
Ensure that users see and complete only the fields that are relevant to the processing of a case by defining the rules that govern the behavior of form elements.
- Copying, moving, or deleting a control
You can use basic Windows operations to speed the development of your controls.