Specifying the image source and tooltip for a Link control
Using images and tooltips to indicate a link's purpose makes it easier for application users to understand a form and to complete their tasks.
Prerequisite: Add a link control to a layout.
tab of the
panel, use the
option to select an image:
- To select an image from the Image Catalog, select Simple Image and then click the Show Image Viewer icon for the adjacent field.
- To select a property to use as the source of the image, select Property and press the Down Arrow key in the adjacent field to select the property.
- To preview available icons on an overlay, select Icon Class and click the Open the icon class picker icon next to the adjacent field. To select an icon, click one on the overlay. You can use the search field on the overlay to filter icons by class name.
- Optional: To describe the link's purpose for application users at run time, enter a phrase in the Tooltip field or press the Down Arrow key to select an existing tooltip.
- Link controls
Add a Link control to a form to enable users to open a new application view or to move the cursor to a new position on the current view.
- Styling options for Link controls
Establishing a consistent look for Link controls in your application saves development time, gives your application a more predictable user interface, and makes it easier for users to complete forms.
- Adding and configuring a Link control
By adding a Link control to a layout, you make it possible for application users to display a new form or move the cursor to a different spot on the current form. By configuring a Link control, you give your application a consistent look and feel.
- Specifying the caption for a Link control
Using a caption for a Link control makes it easier for application users to understand the link's purpose and to complete their tasks.
- Specifying presentation options for a Link control
Three predefined formats are available for Link controls: Strong, Standard, and Simple. Using these formats consistently in your application makes the user interface more predictable and makes it easier for users to complete forms.
- Defining the behavior of form elements
Ensure that users see and complete only the fields that are relevant to the processing of a case by defining the rules that govern the behavior of form elements.
- Copying, moving, or deleting a control
You can use basic Windows operations to speed the development of your controls.