Adding the Pulse gadget to your application
Provide a collaboration tool for users of your application by adding the Pulse gadget to your application. By posting, viewing, and commenting on messages, users can work together to resolve cases faster.Users that post Pulse messages can make their posts more meaningful by adding attachments, including links, or by formatting the text.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Expand the User Interface category, and then click Section.
Open a section in which you want to add a Pulse gadget.
Add the Pulse gadget:
- If you edit the section in the View editor, click .
- If you use a full section editor, click Structural, and then drag Embedded section to a place in the layout where you want to display Pulse.
In the Section include modal window, in the Section field, enter pxFeed.
- Enabling users to post messages in the activity feed
Enable users to post messages in an activity feed for a specific context. For example, a user can make release announcements in the context of an application for all the application users to see.
- Creating feed sources for activity feeds
Inform users about events that are relevant to them by creating feed sources for messages from internal or external data sources. After you create a feed source, you can include it in a user activity feed.
- Determining default feed sources
Ensure that users see only relevant posts by specifying which feed sources Pulse displays by default.
- Configuring Pulse email notifications
In Pulse, you can choose to receive emails when another user references you, likes your messages, posts on your profile, posts comments on a conversation in which you are involved, or posts a comment on a case that you are following, provided that your application is configured to send emails.