Text controls help users enter textual data into your application. Depending on your business needs, you can set up controls that process short strings of characters, whole paragraphs, or even formatted text with images.
You can use the following text controls in your application:
- Text input
- Creates a simple text field for a small amount of text. This is the default control for a Text (single line) field.
- Text area
- Covers multiple lines of text without formatting. This is the default control for a Text (paragraph) field.
- Rich text editor
- Defines an interface for writing and formatting text within your application, and presents the user with a familiar text editing experience.
- Configuring a Text input control
Help users enter custom text in a form by creating a simple text field. The Text input control is a staple form element that you can format and style according to the needs of your application.
- Configuring a Text area control
Help your users enter long-form information comfortably by setting up large text boxes. The Text area control holds several lines of unformatted text, and you can adjust the size and appearance of the text box to match your form and your business needs.
- Configuring a Rich text editor control
Provide the user with a familiar interface for adding and editing text. By using standard word processing tools, such as fonts and formats, the Rich text editor control helps application users style their text, which improves presentation and usability.