Configuring a Link control
Provide users with a familiar way of navigating around and outside of their applications by using Link controls. For example, users can click a Link control to navigate to a page with a license agreement and to review it.
For more information, see Adding UI components to a view.
Note the following accessibility best practices:
- Ensure that captions use descriptive, user-friendly text.
- Avoid helper text and try to clearly describe the action in the caption.
- For URL type links, avoid phrases such as click here or quoting the entire URL. Instead, use a descriptive term for the content to which the link points.
Open the view with the control that you want to edit.For more information, see Accessing views in your application.
In the configuration pane on the right side of the window, hover over the control, and then click the Edit icon.
In the Link caption list, select the text that appears as the link:
Non-autogenerated sections also support parameters as a caption source.
- To set the link caption manually, select Text, and then, in the Link text field, enter the caption.
- To display a property value as a link caption, select Property reference, and then select the property that you want to reference.
Add an action to the link.For more information, see Adding action sets to a control.
- Specifying presentation options for a Link control
By consistently using the predefined presentation formats for Link controls in your application, you make the user interface more predictable and help users complete forms more intuitively.