Enabling accessibility in an application
Accessible applications allow users of assistive technologies, such as screen readers, to navigate through and interact with the user interface. The Pega 7 Platform uses WAI-ARIA (Web Accessibility Initiative Accessible Rich Internet Applications) roles to communicate information about on-screen application elements to an assistive technology. WAI-ARIA roles display in the HTML code of your application.
To take advantage of WAI-ARIA roles in your Pega 7 Platform application, your application needs to be configured to enable accessibility.
First, add the PegaWAI ruleset to your application definition.
- In Designer Studio, select the tab.
- In Application rulesets, select the PegaWAI ruleset and save the form.
Next, specify which access groups have the features of PegaWAI in their composite portals. Other Access groups see no change to their portal experience. To enable accessibility in an Access group:
- Open the Access group for which you want to enable accessibility.
- On the Advanced tab, scroll down to the Run time configuration section.
- Select the check box.
- In the Production Rulesets section, select PegaWAI in one of the available ruleset text areas.
- Save the Access group.