How to force refresh of an entire work object form with a local flow action
A developer asks:
We require that our work object forms show components of the work object in several separate sections. These are displayed in read-only mode, with several flow actions available to update the work object information.
When we built local actions to update the work, Process Commander did not refresh the read-only sections of the work object form. That means, for example, that when a user changed an account number in the flow action, the contents of the read-only harness section with the header "Account Info" was not updated.
We devised a complex scheme of switching back and forth between two assignments, which works to update the fields as we wish, but makes the flow diagram hard to understand. Is there a better way?
Here's an approach to take when of the "outer" parts of a work object form are not refreshed when users change data with a flow action.
The default logic that Process Commander follows to redisplay the work object form is:
- If there is no next assignment, display the Confirm harness.
- If the user remains are on the same assignment (local action, for example) -- redisplay the inner frame (only)
- If the user has moved to a different assignment (on the same or a different work object), refresh the entire work object form.
However, you can force the entire work object form to refresh when you're still displaying the same assignment.
Typically, this is desirable when a local flow action affects content that's displayed in the full work object form, as in your case.
- Open the activity identified in the After this Action / Run Activity field (on the Action tab of the Flow Action form)
- Add this step to the activity:
Property-Set param.Purpose = "NoPurpose"