Installing and configuring Pega Extender for Salesforce.com
Organizations that use Salesforce.com for sales and services often need the power of the Pega® Platform for dynamic case management, business process management, and decision management. Enterprises also need robust and secure integration with information systems that are hosted in the cloud or in their own data centers, which include databases, systems of record, legacy systems, and enterprise applications.
Pega Extender for Salesforce.com comprises applications that are built on the Pega Platform, Pega Web Mashup gadgets, and a Salesforce application. The Pega Extender for Salesforce.com component provides a seamless integration of Pega Platform applications into a Salesforce organization to make the capabilities of Pega Platform applications available with minimal configuration.
The component enables Pega Platform application gadgets to be displayed either as full tabs in Salesforce or as embedded components within a tab of your Salesforce application. The application uses Pega Web Mashup technology for the presentation of Pega gadgets (Pega UI harnesses and portals) in Salesforce web pages. Pega Platform applications can be deployed either in Pega Cloud or in your data center through a secure network. The extender connects your Pega Platform applications based on the configuration parameters that you provide. Pega Extender for Salesforce.com also supports single sign-on for your Salesforce and Pega Platform applications by using SAML 2.0 web SSO or custom authentication configurations.
If you are a Pega Platform and Salesforce.com customer, you can download Pega Extender for Salesforce.com from Pega Exchange.
Creating mashup code
The first step of configuring Pega Extender for Salesforce.com is to create Pega Web Mashup code. You add this code to a Salesforce Visualforce application page in the second part of the process. To create the Pega Web Mashup code:
1. Log in to your Pega Platform system.
2. Click Application rulesets section of the application.to import Pega Extender for Salesforce.com into your application. The component is a ruleset. Add the SFDCExtender ruleset to your Pega Platform application in the
3. Open the case that you want to use in the mashup within your Salesforce application. Click the Settings tab, and then click Integration.
4. Click the Generate code link under the Pega Process Extender for SalesForce link. In the resulting dialog box, verify the URL of your Pega instance. This instance uses the same technology and configuration as Pega Web Mashup. To learn more, go to the Pega Web Mashup page.
Creating a Visualforce page
For the second part of the process, you create a Visualforce page.
1. Log in to your Salesforce Visualforce environment. Create a Visualforce page and provide a label, name, and description for the page.
2. Copy the Pega Web Mashup code that you created in the previous procedure and paste it within the
<apex:page> tag as shown in the following figure. You can have other Apex code within the
<apex:page> tag as long as it is above or below the Pega content.
3. Include the script that you downloaded earlier. The file containing the script must be named Mashup.js. Create a static resource in Salesforce. Give the static resource a name and description, and select the Mashup.js file.
4. Create an Apex tab.
5. On the New Visualforce Tab page, select the Visualforce page that you created earlier, and enter a tab label and a tab name, and choose a tab style.
6. Complete the remaining steps of creating a tab.
You should now see the tab in your Visualforce application with the Pega content displayed inside it.