Viewing offline data and debugging mobile app issues with the Client Clipboard
Use the Client Clipboard on an iOS or Android mobile device to view offline data and debug data processing issues with your Pega Mobile Client™-based mobile app. The Client Clipboard provides a way to query both cases and data, regardless of the connection status of the mobile device that is running the mobile app.
The Client Clipboard is intended for use with offline-enabled mobile apps. When you run the app for the first time, the Client Store and Client Cache are populated with data pulled from the device after the app connects to the Pega Platform™. All data elements and screen flow information that are saved in the Client Store remain there when the mobile device is disconnected from the Pega Platform, and are synchronized when connectivity is restored. Any data stored in the Client Cache is cleared when the app is closed.
The Client Clipboard is available only in Pega Mobile Client-based apps that you build by using the debugging mode.
To display the Client Clipboard, you need:
- A device running iOS 9 or later, or Android 4.1 or later, preferably a tablet
- A mobile app configured to support the offline mode
Enabling the Client Clipboard
To enable the Client Clipboard, follow the steps described in Enabling the Client Clipboard and setting debugging options, and set the logging level to Debug.
Client Clipboard interface
After you have installed the mobile app on your device, shake the device. This gesture displays a Client Clipboard interface that is similar to the following figure:
Client Clipboard interface
The Clipboard pane, on the left side of the screen, displays Pega Platform data objects that are stored in the Client Store or in the Client Cache, including data pages, sections, and rules. Each data object can be an expandable node. Tap a data object to unfold a list of lower-level nodes.
The Dashboard pane is on the right side of the screen. Tap a data object in the Dashboard pane to display a map of Property - Value pairs that provide detailed information.
If either the property or the value has been truncated, tap the property or value to view the full label in a pop-up window, similar to the following figure:
Client Clipboard pop-up window
You can control the behavior of the Client Clipboard, refresh the display, and force data synchronization with the Pega Platform by clicking the following icons:
– Collapses the Client Clipboard interface.
– Refreshes the contents of the Client Clipboard interface by retrieving the most up-to-date data from the Client Store or the Client Cache. It also collapses all expanded categories in the Clipboard pane.
– Forces Client Store synchronization with the Pega Platform.
– Clears the contents of the Client Store, as well as of the interface.
– Collapses all expanded categories in the Clipboard pane and resets the Dashboard pane.